My Crazy LifeFleur De LisAll RecipesFleur De LisRecipe FavesFleur De LisSinful Recipes

Monday, June 15, 2009

Bourbon Chicken

I kept hearing rave reviews for this recipe, and finally buckled down and tried it... it's my lunch for the week, and boy is it yummy!!!!

Bourbon Chicken
2 lbs chicken (I used boneless skinless chicken thighs)
1 TBL Olive Oil
1 garlic clove
1/4 tsp ginger (ground)
3/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup light brown sugar (I used Splenda brown sugar)
2 TBL ketchup
1 TBL cider vinegar (I forgot to add - oops)
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce

Heat oil in large skillet. Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned. Remove chicken. Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium heat until well mixed and dissolved. (This didn't take long for me) Add chicken back in and bring to a hard boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve over hot brown rice or other grain.


The chicken just fell apart and was very tasty!

No comments: