My Crazy LifeFleur De LisAll RecipesFleur De LisRecipe FavesFleur De LisSinful Recipes

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Thanksgiving: Corn Pudding

I love Corn Pudding... It's a southern tradition, or at least I think so. We made this delightful side dish a tad less fatening by using less butter, fat-free milk and fat-free cream, egg beaters, and splenda blend rather than just sugar... It was yummy! I'm giving you the regular recipe because I think it's best if you try it the real way first :-)

CORN PUDDING

6 ears of sweet corn, cut off cob
½ cup butter, melted
6 eggs
4 Tbsp. flour
3 ½ cups whole milk
3/4 cup sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Blend eggs well. Add flour and sugar, and blend well. Add milk and blend. Mix in corn and butter. Pour in casserole dish sprayed with Pam. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. When pudding is done, the center should be solid and the top should have a nice golden brown color. Let rest for 15 minutes. Serve warm.

No comments: