So, I've posted pictures on facebook... will try to put one up here... will put a before pic and current pic here as well, and a lot of people have been asking me... "50 lbs, that's a lot... now what?" Well, it's a good question, but I'm certainly not done. I've got another 25-30 lbs I would really like to get off by the time summer comes around. That may or may not be lofty, but I would like to be able to use the neighborhood pool and not feel too terribly self conscious.
Other questions are people ask are:
- What kicked me into gear? Answer:
- Well, I was heavy... and I knew it... I wasn't happy with me or how I looked and it was affecting a lot of areas of my life. I just hadn't been able to motivate myself.
- Then I went to the Doctor and she told me my cholesterol was high and wanted me to diet to lower my cholesterol. I didn't/don't want to be on medication so I told myself this was it.
- I made a commitment to a small group of really great women that I would lead a healthier lifestyle... and that was the final straw
- How have you done it? Answer: A combination of diet and exercise. My diet is Weight Watchers... When I started the plan was called the Core plan, now it is called the simply filling plan. Basically, WW gives you a list of foods you can eat, and you can eat those to satisfaction, not roll me out of the restaurant I'm full... but you're no longer hungry. My exercise varies, but I've started a strength plan as well as doing cardio 5-6 days a week.
- Do I splurge? Answer: Of course! First, I'm a woman... Second, I'm a chocoholic... splurges are necessary. I don't want to not have things I really want because then I'll feel as though I'm dieting and want to quit.
- What do I splurge on? Answer: I have Peanut Butter with my apple almost every day! (Yes, I know there's a recall on peanut products, but so far real PB is ok - YAY!) I also have
- What types of exercises do you do? Answer: See above answer, it's strength and cardio... I'll post my plan in another post so that you can see what I'm doing.
- Has this been annoying or tiring to you? Answer: Sometimes it can be tiring, but it's certainly not annoying... in fact, it's been quite fun - yeah, I know... oxy moron right? I feel like I have control over my food and much of my life, and that is a good feeling... plus I fit into cute clothes as well as cute shoes and such... who can complain about that???
- What keeps you going? Answer:
- Seeing results... when you drop a pound, you don't want to put it back on. At a WW meeting they showed us the whole pound of fat and five pounds of fat... it's disgusting! I don't want it back...
- My support people... My husband is amazing... and seriously so helpful. He boils eggs for me, helps chop vegetables, entertains my ideas of new recipes, helps me find new recipes, tastes my new recipes... encourages me... he's been amazing! I also have great friends who encourage me and keep me smiling through it all :-) So, thanks!
There are two... one that actually is a good shot of me in my adjusted bod... one from this past weekend with a cute jacket I haven't worn in years :-)