My Crazy LifeFleur De LisAll RecipesFleur De LisRecipe FavesFleur De LisSinful Recipes

Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Exercise Regime

Well, first let me tell you, I don't love to exercise... I'm getting closer to enjoying it, but I've never been the person that excelled at sports or stuff like that... just wasn't in me. That being said - it's a necessary evil that I must take part in in order to achieve my goals! And trust me... it's helping!

So, here's what I do... I have worked into this over the last 5 months so don't expect to jump right in if you are a couch potato. But definitely get started. (**Seek the approval of a medical professional before stating any sort of exercise regiment, and make sure you know what you are doing so that you don't hurt yourself**)

Cardio:
My goal is 45 mins or more 5-6 days a week. It looks something like this:
Monday - Elliptical
Tuesday - Cycling or other cardio class
Wednesday - Elliptical
Thursday - Cycling
Friday - Elliptical
Saturday - Elliptical or walk/run outside
Notes - I try to do my elliptical in the mornings before I eat, but I often don't get up in time so I'll do half in the morning and half at lunch at the gym. I have also been trying to "become a runner" using the Couch to 5K program... I slacked off when it got cold, but it's a great program.

Strength:
3 Days a week after my cardio at lunch. (Even if I do all 45 mins in the morning I still do a warm-up with cardio before my strength plan)
Squats - using an abs/stability ball at my lower back - 10 to 12 - 2 sets
Crunches - using an abs/stability ball - 25 - 2 sets
Back Extensions - using an abs/stability ball - 10 to 12 - 2 sets
Rows - you could do them seated, I use resistance bands - 10 to 12 - 2 sets
Lunges - using a resistance band for stability - 10 to 12 - 2 sets
Leg Lifts - I'd love to explain them to you because they're great, but it's basically 48 leg lifts in 2 different positions on both sides - they work the butt quite well
Push ups - 10 to 12 - 2 sets
Penguin sit-ups - about 50
Assisted pullups and dips - 10 to 12 of each - 2 sets

There are some other things I throw in there occasionally, but those are the basics right now...

I must post this now as I'm headed to cycling.

No comments: