My Crazy LifeFleur De LisAll RecipesFleur De LisRecipe FavesFleur De LisSinful Recipes

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Quick and Easy Dinner

Mom and Dad Cowart came over for the weekend to see my brother and sister-in-law and my niece and nephew for Halloween. They stayed with us, and after a crazy Sunday which included a speaking engagement at the local Kappa Chapter, we didn't quite know what we were going to do for dinner... So, being the crazy person I am, and wanting to be a good hostess...

I went to Publix... :-) I grabbed a rotisserie Chicken for $7.39 plus tax, and a 16 oz package of mushrooms... I had some red potatoes and onions at home, and this is what I did...

Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions:
Crispy-ish Red Potatoes:
And then the meal itself... a little bit of the sides and some chicken... quick and easy!



To make the mushrooms and onions I did the following:
- used 2 thinly sliced onions
- 16 oz of sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp of olive oil

Let the olive oil heat up, add the mushrooms, onions, and garlic... let them saute down and hopefully get a little carmelization going :-) Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve!

For the crispy-ish potatoes:
- 8 small red potatoes, diced (I'm sure you could use frozen diced potatoes)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- a little bit of water...

Let the olive oil heat up. Add the diced potatoes, garlic, salt and pepper. Let them brown... tossing frequently to avoid burning them on the bottom of the pan (I forgot to do this and had potatoes stuck... oh well)... once they are slightly browned on the outside, add a little bit of water to create steam and cover them for a few minutes... they should be crispy on the outside and nice and fluffy on the outside!!!!

For the chicken:
- Richie took it out of the bag
- Richie carved it
- Richie put it on plates :-) Thanks hubby!!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: