10 years can change a woman!
Today I am 30. It’s a big milestone, though I am not sure why. There are lots of people telling me that 30 is the new 20 or something like that, but most of my friends, myself included—if I’m honest, are a little freaked out by turning 30. That's a personal thing that I'm going to have to work through :-)
Since it’s a milestone year for me and a new decade as well, I thought I’d do a little recap of what has changed or what I’ve done in the last 10 years. I got the idea from another friend's blog and thought it was great!
- Attended 2 Universities (Arizona State University, and Belmont University) there was a 3rd, and my personal favorite—the University of Kansas—if we go back to the 90s.
- Visited another country – actually 2 I think… Ireland and then we also went to St. Maarten for our honeymoon
- Met my hubby while visiting Ireland
- Graduated from college
- Got married
- Went on my first cruise
- Cooked live on the Today Show with my momma!
- Watched my cousin play in a Major League Baseball game
- Got a real job
- Had 6 different positions within the same company
- Lived in 5 different states (TN, NC, CA, FL, GA… and now TN again – full circle I guess)
- Bought and sold our first house
- Got my first cat
- Got my first dog (that I had to pay for)
- Went to Vegas for the first, and second time
- Helped my hubby get through law school
- Helped my hubby pay off some of the law school loan debt
- Watched my brother get married
- Got another niece and nephew (that brings the total to 5)
- Had one of my nephews AND one of my nieces get married – oh my!
- Went to my first NCAA Basketball tournament game
- Went to my first SEC Championship game (football and basketball)
- Was in a wedding, and sang in two other ones... well, 3 if you count my own
- Joined Facebook (nope, this wasn't around 10 years ago!)
- Started my blog
- Worked my last summer at camp
I’m sure there’s plenty more that I’ve done in the last 10 years(some I wouldn’t want to mention on my blog!), and I’m sure there’s plenty more I’ll do in the next 10 years. I'll likely make a list of what I want to accomplish, but I'm not sure yet what all it will include!
Thanks to everyone who has made the last 10 years so special!!!! After seeing this list, it makes me realize that there are tons of great things that can happen in a 10 year time span! Here’s to a great next decade… Somehow, I think that my 30s will be just as great, if not better than my 20s!