My Crazy LifeFleur De LisAll RecipesFleur De LisRecipe FavesFleur De LisSinful Recipes

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Salsa

I love me some Salsa! Seriously, the stuff is one of my favorite condiments. That and guacamole... yes, I grew up in Arizona... yes, I like/LOVE mexican food... yes, I realize my obsession may be grounds for counseling.

A dear friend of mine, Laura, has an amazing salsa recipe that she shared with me a while back. Everyone that tries it loves it... and I hope she doesn't mind that I'm sharing it for all to see :-)

In case you want to try it, here's the recipe:

Laura's Salsa
2 28oz cans whole tomatoes
1-2 fresh tomatoes
1/2 lg onion
cilantro, fresh to taste (Laura and I both use a lot, maybe 1/4 of a bunch... or more)
2 jalapenos, optional (Use them - almost all seeded, but some spice from the seeds is good)
1/2 tbs sugar
1/2 tbs salt
3/4 tbs vinegar
1 clove garlic
large bowl

Chop the onions and cilantro together first in the food processor. (if you do the tomatoes first, it's too wet for the cilantro and it'll just stick to the sides--or at least that has happened before). Put this in a separate bowl.

Drain the cans of tomatoes as well as possible, blend them. After you blend them strain them in a colander (it'll can get pretty soupy if not!). Depending on how chunky you like it you can chop the tomatoes by hand or use the processor, i usually chop them by hand for a little extra chunk. add everything else and mix together in a large bowl. enjoy!

This, by the way, is my friend Laura. She rocks... we took this picture while on an impromptu trip to Chattanooga before she and her husband Judd moved to Houston. Why they had to move so far away, I'll never know... :-(

No comments: