My Crazy LifeFleur De LisAll RecipesFleur De LisRecipe FavesFleur De LisSinful Recipes

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Steak Tacos with Avocado-Cucumber Salsa

I got a cookbook for my birthday... and I used it today and had this yummy dish for lunch...

I halved it and added a few things...

Steak Tacos with Avocado-Cucumber Salsa
1/2 TBL chili powder
1 clove garlic - minced
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
pinch cayenne pepper
1/2 lb + a little extra sirloin steak
Six 6-inch diam. corn tortillas
1.5 cups red cabbage - shredded
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
lime wedges
Avocado-Cucumber Salsa (Recipe Below)

Mix chili powder, garlic, cinnamon, salt, and cayenne pepper together. Rub on steak. Broil steak for 6-7 minutes per side for medium rare (or use meat thermometer to 117 degrees). Warm tortillas according to package directions. Serve with cabbage, lime, cilantro, and salsa as garnishes at table.

Avocado-Cucumber Salsa
1/2 English Cucumber, seeded and diced
1 medium avocado, pitted, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
juice of 1 and 1/2 limes (called for 1 - I thought it needed more)
salt to taste
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 - 2 jalapenos, seeded, and diced
1 clove garlic
*(I had leftover seasoning from the steak... maybe 1/8 tsp and threw it into the salsa for extra flavor)... a dash of hot sauce would be nice too

Combine all ingredients together and toss gently.

No comments: