My Crazy LifeFleur De LisAll RecipesFleur De LisRecipe FavesFleur De LisSinful Recipes

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Why Planning is Vital to Leading a Healthy Lifestyle... the Thanks Hubby Edition!

I have always tried to be planned out as far as my healthy lifestyle goes... food cooked on the weekend, portioned out, meals frozen for the "just in case" moments... And well, this morning, I was really glad!

As the saying goes, some days you're the bug, and some days you're the windshield. Today, I am the bug!

First, allow me to point out that apparently I live in the arctic... it was 11 degrees this morning, and I was really snug in my bed. I didn't do my elliptical workout because I'm doing a cycling class at lunch today, but as I was in the shower... our power decided to go out. I still had warm water thankfully, but trying to get ready (makeup/hair/food, etc) was very difficult without power.

What I am thankful for is that last night, my wonderful husband helped me get everything organized for the next few days and we portioned out my snacks and everything so it would be easier on us. YAY for that because I would have been up the river without a paddle if it weren't for him! He also helped me by lighting our stove up with a match and making my oatmeal sans microwave.

On a positive, but annoying note... the pants I really wanted to wear this AM were too big... REALLY big. There was no way I could wear them. We tried to safety pin them and everything to no avail. I can't say I'm unhappy about this, but it is rather annoying on a morning when all signs point to going back to bed.

So, remember to plan... because when the power goes out and you're not sure that you can get out of the garage since that takes electricity, you don't know how your coffee will taste because the coffee maker shut off in the middle of brewing, your hair is wet, you aren't sure if your makeup looks more like a clown, and your clothes don't fit... At least you'll have your food prepared :-)

And seriously, thanks hubby for helping me this morning. Even if my attitude wasn't in the right place, I really appreciated your help! Love you!

No comments: