My Crazy LifeFleur De LisAll RecipesFleur De LisRecipe FavesFleur De LisSinful Recipes

Monday, January 5, 2009

Homemade Spaghetti with Spaghetti Squash

Last week while my brother-in-law and his girlfriend were in town I made homemade spaghetti sauce with spaghetti squash. It was very yummy and I thought I'd share the recipe with you all... I have put this sauce recipe together over the years, and well, I Love it :-) I do not, however, have any pictures to share as it was devoured too quickly.

Homemade Spaghetti Sauce

1 TBL Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 onion, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
1 carrot, diced
4-5 cloves of garlic depending on how garlicky you like things
italian seasoning - 1 Tablespoon
Salt and pepper
1 pound or a little over of lean ground beef (93/7)
1 can Tomato Paste
1 can (32oz) crushed tomatoes
1 can (16oz) diced tomatoes with italian seasoning
1 thing of mushrooms (16oz I believe)
1 bay leaf
a pinch of nutmeg
a dash or a little over of good red wine

Saute onion, celery, carrot, and garlic (and salt and pepper to taste) together until vegetable are relatively soft and translucent. Add the italian seasoning. Toss in the ground beef and break into pieces as the beef cooks in the pan. Once beef is browned you can drain the fat off if you feel there is too much fat(I almost always do) and then add the tomato paste - breaking up and cooking that through. Then add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a slight boil then turn down to simmer for about 20-30 minutes (or as long as you can stand the yummy smell without breaking into it!).

Serve over whole wheat spaghetti or spaghetti squash. If you need directions on Spaghetti Squash, click on the left hand side under the labels for Squash...

ENJOY!

No comments: